Glory Singapore International School
Personal data being processed
The School may obtain your personal data from various channels as follows:
- Directly from you through the School’s communications with you;
- Indirectly, via a referral from a third party (such as Google Classroom, Google Form, etc.) to whom you may grant consent to disclose your personal data to the School; or
- Automatically collected via the system when you access the School’s website and/or use the services.
- Full Name
- Identification number
- Passport number
- Contact numbers
- Personal email address
- Photo and images
- Student’s Gender
- Date of birth
- Previous qualifications
- Parents’/guardian’s marital status
- Emergency contact person(s) details
- Billing-related information
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that the School collects and processes may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act, and these include, but are not restricted to:
- Records of misconduct and disciplinary action
The School will treat this sensitive information carefully and will only be used for specific purposes.
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
Purpose of the Personal Data Processing
It is necessary for the School to collect, compile and use the student’s personal data for the following purposes:
- To process an application for admission
- To manage and respond to inquiries
- To maintain a student’s personal details, academic and non-academic records
- To facilitate internships, placement, or work experience as well as co-curricular related activities and school events
- To maintain a student/class register
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counseling, and guidance services
- To manage the use of facilities such as the library, laboratories and so on
- To administer graduation and alumni related events
- To administer tuition fees and other payments
- To communicate with students on important announcements
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards
- To contact the student’s next of kin in the case of emergency
- To comply with any regulatory, audit, or security-related requirements
- To pursue/collect any sums in arrears from parents/guardians
- To care for the medical needs of students
- For marketing purposes via the school website and social media, such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
For all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service, e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, other forms of telecommunications, and technology services; or Any other purposes related to the smooth operation of the School.
Retention Period of Personal Data
To perform in accordance with the purposes described above, the School is necessary to collect, compile and process your personal data according to the following period:
(1) For personal data processing, it is necessary for the School to process your personal data as long as your child is a student of the School;
(2) In case you give consent to the School to process your personal data for specific purposes, the School will process your personal data until you withdraw such consent.
Disclosure of the personal data
Generally, your personal data will not be disclosed, except for the circumstance that the School would need to disclose it to the following person:
(1) External service providers of the School engaged in providing support services to the School in providing services to you, such as NextSchool, the School’s current partner for student ID cards. Such disclosure of the personal data to these third parties shall be done in accordance with the purposes and only on a need-to-know basis; or
(2) Government, regulatory authorities, or courts that the School may be subject to an order, law, or judgment to disclose the personal data.
The School undertakes to implement appropriate personal data security measures to prevent any unauthorized and unlawful access, modification, amendment, or disclosure. The School commits to reviewing these measures regularly to ensure their compatibility with the standards and applicable laws.
Data subject rights
The School respects your rights as the data subject under applicable laws. You can contact the School to exercise the rights, which are (1) the right to withdraw consent, (2) the right to access, (3) the right to request a copy of the personal data, (4) the right to correct the personal data, (5) the right to object to any processing of the personal data, (6) the right to request for data portability in the event that the School stores the personal data in the format which is readable or commonly used by automated tools or equipment including the right to transfer such personal data to other data controllers, (7) the right to request for the deletion or de-identification of the personal data upon when there is no necessity to process, and (8) the right to request for suspension of the use of the personal data.
School contact information
Data Protection Officer
Address: 33 Soi Wachirathamsathit 18 Sukhumvit 101/1 Road, Bangna Nuea, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
Email or phone number: [email protected] / 027479179